Who is Jean-Luc Lajoie, Jeremy Camp’s friend in “I Still Believe?”

Who is Jean-Luc Lajoie, Jeremy Camp’s friend in “I Still Believe?”

If you’ve seen I Still Believe, you’re probably wondering who Jean-Luc Lajoie is.

Yes, the lead singer of The Kry was a prominent part of Jeremy’s life, and the film shows that.

But you’ll be surprised to know that not everything (in fact, a good majority) was not as it was in the film, according to Jeremy’s book, originally written in 2003.

Watch below to find out who Jean-Luc is, as well as learn the 23 major differences between the film and the book, many of which involve him! Oh ya…and learn about that famous love triangle in the film that was supposedly between him, Melissa and Jeremy.

You can also learn more about Melissa Camp, and see an interview with Jean-Luc here.

Brittany Valadez
Brittany Valadez

Los Angeles-based entertainment journalist who loves the Lord like no other! I also love my family, eating cake, entertainment news, watching Youtube, traveling (especially to Europe), the mountains, Big Bear Lake, learning apologetics, listening to Christian music, Christmas and fashion. I live in LA, but I’m not of it!

Find me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

16 Comments

1. Jerry Bartlett
    March 30, 2020 / 5:26 pm

Outstanding movie, my son and his family watched it and absolutely loved it then told his mother my wife so we watched it with our younger son and just loved it.. Thanks Jeremy Camp for your love for Gods music and Melissa….

• Brittany Valadez
      Author
      April 7, 2020 / 7:25 pm

I’m so glad you liked it and that your family was told to watch it too! It was such a good movie!

• Cata
        April 21, 2020 / 5:38 am

Amazing movie .. Jeremy Camp one of my fav christian singers , love from lots of Romanians who live in england ..

• Brittany Valadez
          Author
          May 12, 2020 / 5:31 pm

It was so good! I’m actually watching it again for the third time. I love Jeremy from the early days too! I also love England! It’s one of my favorite countries in the world to visit!

2. May 7, 2020 / 8:28 pm

wept throughout this authentic movie…its the good fight of faith…Is God really good? In the midst of grievious injustice and loss? ABSOLUTELY!! And truly working all things together for our good…Those that live Him foe who He really is and are the called according to His purpose….to save the world with His sacrifice…Increase our faith Father…

• Brittany Valadez
      Author
      May 12, 2020 / 5:32 pm

Carol, I absolutely loved your response! Yes, God is good through every circumstance! And when healing comes for the believer…it will be for either here or in Heaven. And that gives us so much hope!

3. May 8, 2020 / 12:00 pm

Thank You …Refreshing, I See many Blessings in your Calling.

• Brittany Valadez
      Author
      May 12, 2020 / 5:34 pm

You are so sweet, Ken! You have no idea how encouraging that was to me! God has been speaking to me lately, and you’re comment is part of that confirmation! God bless!

4. Rebecca Warren
    May 8, 2020 / 10:11 pm

Brittany, I appreciated your insight on the differences between the book and the movie especially about how Jeremy and Adrienne met. I’ll have to make sure my girls watch the movie or read the book. You are adorable and have natural talent which will take you far. I should know I’m a mom!!

Blessings!

• Brittany Valadez
      Author
      May 12, 2020 / 5:36 pm

Rebecca, you are the sweetest! You again are someone who has made me feel so encouraged! Yes, your girls should absolutely do both! It’s quite different as you saw, and good to know the differences!

5. Ramona
    May 10, 2020 / 6:52 pm

A beautiful movie, we finally got to watch it on Saturday before Mother’s Day and enjoyed it so much we bought it the next day and watched it again

• Brittany Valadez
      Author
      May 12, 2020 / 5:33 pm

That is so beautiful that you guys got to watch it! I’m watching it with my parents right now! 😀 My third time watching, and their first!

6. Amy A
    May 12, 2020 / 8:38 pm

Just watched this amazing movie with my love and my nine year old. It was heart-breaking and refreshing at the same time! God is good, even when we dont understand the “why’s”.

7. Keri Beirdneau
    May 17, 2020 / 11:00 pm

Thanks Brittany! I’ve been scouring the web trying to find the real story. I appreciate your breakdown and thorough journalism 🙂 bless you!

8. Dandy
    May 18, 2020 / 9:44 am

Thank you for making this video! I still Believe was an amazing, tear jerking movie!🍿 🎥
    How long after Melissa passed did Adrian & Jeremy meet?!

9. Heath
    May 21, 2020 / 7:33 pm

Jeremy is my favorite contemporary. How can one movie be the saddest movie and the best movie you will ever watch all at once?